Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Fab MOM Gwen Stefani in Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week 2011



This season  Fashionista Mommy Gwen Stefani packed the Theatre at Lincoln Center to show her 2011 spring collection; the front row with the rest of her No Doubt band mates. The show was said to be filled with the music of Jay-Z and Sean Paul livening up the room. Models strutted fiercely down the runway in African and Caribbean influenced pieces. This collection reflected Stefani’s unique energy and aesthetic. From beautiful, tribal printed asymmetrical dresses, styled with trendy fedoras, to cropped mini skirts and blazers, the collection was an eclectic mix.


L.A.M.B. is a luxurious collection of clothing, handbags, shoes and fragrance, based on Stefani's personal style and aesthetic. "L.A.M.B. represents all things that I love. It's very much about my style and how I put things together. L.A.M.B. is a line that I want to wear every day," explains Gwen. L.A.M.B. Is always a mixture of vintage inspiration mashed up with modern and futuristic elements. Gwen says, “My favorite thing is mixing old with new and feminine with masculine. I like the contrast and the clash and the resulting balance you get from mixing soft and hard elements. I go back to that inspiration over and over again.”


















2 comments:

  1. I really love these looks...very African inspired. And that all white number is on point for real! Now she's a true Fashionista Mommy!

    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find it interesting that no other designer in USA has used african fabric in their designs until Gwen. That's why she is so far ahead of them as far as style. She is definitely in her own lane and will continue to rock because they others are passe - the past. She is the future.

    ReplyDelete