Monday, April 18, 2011

I LOVE NATURAL HAIR!



I'm so digging the Natural Curls hairstyle. Being that I have naturally curly hair I tend to always wear it straight but a conversation with my husband made me think about the old days of rockin' my natural hair. I don't have a relaxer of any type but my hair has trained itself to lay straight from blow drying and flat ironing so, it will take some time for it get be back to its normal tresses.

People often think that its easy being natural but it isn't!
The biggest obstacle is the "Fear of rejection". Women who play with the idea of going natural, have to face is the fear of rejection. Even though some people will say this is a myth; it so isn't. The notion of having good/bad hair still plays a role in today's society.

Styling & Maintenance
Healthy hair is the foundation of all good hair styles: deep condition and oil your hair and scalp weekly (preferably Indian hemp oil or coconut oil). If you have a drier scalp than most every two or three days is good. (not everyday because that can lead to build up)

Avoid stress on the hair at night, don't wear a ponytail to bed. Braid or plait the hair and then wrap with a scarf.

Experiment with styles. Just because your natural doesn't mean your confined to wearing an AFRO!
















No comments:

Post a Comment